Ertha Beta v0.3.2 Patch Notes
GM, Erthians! Ertha Beta Patch v0.3.2 has recently gone live! After v0.3 introduced one of Ertha’s core modules — university studies — we have been analyzing the data (thanks, Beta Testers!) and have just released the first balancing changes.
If you haven’t caught our recent Ertha Development Blog, make sure to do so! It covers what we’re working on and what to expect in the near future. Meanwhile, patch v0.3.2 introduces necessary changes for Ertha to keep moving forward.
We’re adjusting the studying mechanics heavily, with the goal to make it much fairer and more rewarding to the players who put in the time and effort to study efficiently.
Previously, a player used to have 30 seconds for the quiz in total, during which the goal was to answer as many questions correctly as they can. This resulted in players taking advantage of various strategies that made it possible to gain unrealistic amounts of experience even from beginner studies.
With the new changes, after starting a quiz, the player has to answer a predetermined number of questions in order to pass. Each question now has a 10 second time limit. If a player answers incorrectly 3 times, the quiz is failed and no experience is gained.
This makes the experience earned for a specific quiz more or less the same for each point of energy spent, across all players. In order to gain more experience and level up faster, players are now inclined to move up to higher levels of studying instead of staying at the level they find easiest and fastest. Still, the quickest quiz solvers will keep getting bonus experience in the form of Quiz Rewards.
The new system will also stop players gaining experience in a skill by pure luck, where the correct answers are just guessed.
With that summarized, read on for the patch notes of Ertha Beta v0.3.2.
• Quiz gameplay loop remodeled. Quiz now allows for up to three mistakes, and the timer is on a per-question basis.
• News Feed added to main menu — clicking the bottom left icon will open a panel that contains the latest news directly from the development team.
• Driving system added — players can, in first person mode, capture a vehicle by Interacting with it and driving it around the scene. The handling and full depth of this feature is being developed.
• “Remember Me” option is available to automatically log you back into the game.
• Quiz rewards adjusted to account for new gameplay design.
• Failing a quiz now makes it clear that it’s different from succeeding one.
• Various performance optimizations.
• Traffic jams should be less likely in intersections.
• Attempting to start a quiz with 0 energy no longer results in a client crash.
• Attempting to access the main menu in certain situations will soft lock the game.
• Certain systems are not forward compatible with certain back-end changes we’re making. If your character has no HP or Energy, or is unable to use the ESC Menu or Quiz minigame features, make a new test account until a patch is released.
Ertha is an MMO 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate) game with extensive opportunities to satisfy one’s need for curiosity, competitiveness, and social recognition through roleplaying in a vast geopolitical map.
With three distinct characters to select from and endless possibilities to alter them, players themselves will be the creators of their own narrative and wealth both in virtual and real worlds.
Welcome to Ertha